Osteoporosis and low bone mass are a major health issue for more than 50 million Americans. By 2020, half of all Americans over 50 years are projected to be at risk of osteoporosis-related fractures. Large percentages of Americans fail to meet the recommendations for optimal calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D intake. Emerging science shows that we need more than just calcium to optimize bone health. Learn why calcium, magnesium and vitamin D are required to be strong to the bone!
Calcium is critical for development and maintenance of bones and teeth.
- Research shows that abundant calcium intake throughout life can postpone or prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
- Sadly, a large percentage of Americans fail to meet the current recommended guidelines for optimal calcium intake.
- If supplies are inadequate, the body will leach needed calcium from the bone– a process that can lead to osteoporosis.
Magnesium helps keep your bones strong
- Current research shows, in addition to its role in bone health, magnesium is critical to key body functions.
- Half the population of the industrialized countries has a magnesium deficit, which increases with aging.*
- Magnesium deficiency may be a risk factor for osteoporosis and can negatively affect calcium metabolism and regulation in the body. Current studies suggest that magnesium may improve BMD.
Vitamin D promotes calcium absorption
- The body needs vitamin D in order to absorb and utilize calcium from the diet.
- Despite the health potential of vitamin D, as many as half of all adults and children are said to have less than optimum levels and as many as 10 percent of children are highly deficient.*
- It is essential for promoting calcium absorption in the body and for maintaining adequate calcium and phosphate concentrations in the blood to enable normal bone mineralization and growth. Vitamin D prevents rickets in children, osteomalacia in adults and, together with calcium, osteoporosis in older adults.
- It would take a quart of milk a day to get the recommended dose of vitamin D your body needs.
NeoLife’s Chelated Cal-Mag® with Vitamin D3 provides a unique and convenient way to deliver calcium, magnesium, and 1,000 IU of high-potency Vitamin D3 to the diet each day. It contains pharmaceutically pure, seashell-sourced calcium in the preferred 2:1 calcium to magnesium ratio. NeoLife’s proprietary double amino acid chelation supports maximum absorption of calcium and magnesium while including a powerful dose of vitamin D3, considered the most absorbable form of vitamin D.